In order to make sure that you are a genuine person and not a spam robot, I use a permission-based service which requires you to CLICK A LINK in an email that was sent to you – in order to comply with the anti-spam laws. If you do not do this, you will not receive the e-book.
So I suggest you take a good look in your inbox for this email.
- Or look in your spam/junk folder in case it’s gone there.
- (It’s also a very good idea to immediately add my email address to your address book and my assistant’s email (info at makingmoves dot net) if you intend to join one my courses – so you can be sure to receive the booking emails we will be sending to you.)
What if I don’t get the email?
If you didn’t receive the email then either:
- You are in some way in my system – because you are already subscribed. If you don’t receive the e-book please contact my assistant and she will send you another copy.
- You may have attempted to subscribe before and didn’t click the link in the email. If so you can try resubscribing. Just return to the sign up pages for the ebook or newsletter.
IMPORTANT IF YOU USE GMAIIL
Some time ago gmail changed the way email is displayed in your inbox – and they are always changing things so this may no longer be relevant. Got to your account to see if the new “tabbed” inboxes have been turned on (you’ll see the new tabs across the top of your emails).
- Click on the Promotions inbox tab. Drag any emails from me and other services you actually want to hear from and drop them onto the tab that says Primary.
- Then, when it asks if you want future emails to go into your Primary inbox, just click yes. If you want to totally turn off the new tabbed inboxes, just click on the Settings “gear” image at the upper right corner of your inbox and select “Settings.” This may have changed
- Click the “Inbox” tab and uncheck ALL of the categories except “Primary” then save your changes. Then you can be sure that you will always receive the newsletter.
I hope this helps to resolve any difficulties you were having.
But please let my assistant know if you’re having any problems and she’ll do her best to sort it out.