Are you a dramatherapist? Have you had a yearning to set up a private practice but have been nervous about taking the plunge?
Or perhaps you’ve set up a practice but found it just too hard to attract clients to your work?
Have you had enough of poor pay and working conditions working as a dramatherapist in institutional settings?
Would you love to be part of a team of professionals doing highly rewarding work transforming the lives of quieter people – and at the same time have clients flocking to your door? Click here if you’re not a dramatherapist.
The Sunflower Effect Courses
Over 22 years, I developed the Sunflower Effect, a pioneering confidence system based in dramatherapy – and built a highly successful practice for myself, earning far more than I would have done working in institutions, or as a freelancer.
On top of this, it has been the reward of seeing the power and effectiveness of dramatherapy in changing lives.
The Sunflower Effect Courses are recognised and validated by participants reporting life-changing results after completing the courses. They outstrip the results of other confidence-building approaches by a long way.
I can teach you how to achieve the same, without all the heartache and expensive mistakes that I went through.
There is a growing demand for the courses in different parts of the UK, Europe and internationally.
The Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses have been featured on Sky TV, BBC World Services, Sat 7 TV, Marie Claire.
It is time for me to train others to deliver the Sunflower Effect Courses to those who feel inspired to join me in my vision and to make dramatherapy more available to people nationwide.
Please watch the video above, read this whole page, take a look around this website, so you can get more of a sense of what I am offering, and to see if it feels the right thing for you.
I particularly welcome regional dramatherapists as there is a need all over the country for the courses, particularly in big cities.
Reasons for training to join my team of Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialists
1. You will have a wonderful working life running the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses, helping hundreds of quiet, shy and introverted people to change their lives and prospects. They will never forget you.
2. You are your own boss – and you will be overseeing the quality of the courses you run. You are in charge of how and when your offer your courses, whether you want to work with adults, develop the courses for children or adolescents, or offer the courses in organisations.
3. You will be part of a team of Sunflower Effect confidence specialists working together to deliver magical and transformational courses, supporting each other to deliver an outstanding service, changing lives.
4. Over time you can run the full complement of courses, typically 12 hours per week of contact time plus admin, develop your own courses, offer individual sessions, making a good income doing work you really love
5. If you join my marketing programme, you won’t have to build a website, learn complex technology, know anything about marketing and attracting clients to your work, or about what it takes to run a succesful practice. I have done the donkey work and invested thousands in discovering the best way to attract and retain clients.
Why this is a unique opportunity for dramatherapists
It is my first choice to train dramatherapists because you have the depth and experience in dramatherapy, to hold the space for anxious people, most of whom are terrified of doing drama. You will be able to get up and running the quickest to start delivering the courses.
It is important that you have some understanding of what it is like to be shy, self-conscious and lacking in confidence, so you have direct experience of how effective drama is in building confidence.
The training is very short and will equip you with the specialised knowledge you will need to start running the courses during, or soon after, completing the training.
After you have trained, and have met the requirements for delivering the courses (which for dramatherapists will be no time at all), you will become a licensed Sunflower Effect Specialist alongside your other qualifications.
You will then have the opportunity to:
- Join my team of Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialists who will become like a family to you, helping to grow, develop and thrive.
- Offer the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses in parallel with your own practice, permanent or freelance work.
- The option to join the Sunflower Effect Marketing Programme giving you the know-how, tools and business support to build, in time, a highly successful practice and the opportunity to market your courses on my website. (My website comes top on google in searches, and this is how tripled my income and client base.)
- The opportunity to train further and offer the full range of Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses.
- Be part of the larger vision for the Sunflower Effect Confidence System, creating courses for children and teenagers.
- Offer your own groups, workshops and individual sessions in addition to the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses.
On completing the Foundation Course, you can decide what work pattern suits you best. Whether running evening or daytime courses, targeting particular client groups and expanding the range of the courses.
You may want to offer the Sunflower Effect within the organisations you work for, or to set up your private practice – and gradually build a following in your geographical area.
By joining my team at an early stage, you will have the advantage of low fees and preferential rates, the option of ongoing marketing support and business advice to create a flourishing practice.
How is the Sunflower Effect different from a Dramatherapy group
The Sunflower Effect Courses are first of all courses, not therapy groups. They are designed to get results quickly and effectively for people who would hesitate to join a dramatherapy group. Most are 12 weeks.
I have combined dramatherapy structures with tools that really work for building confidence. The main principles and strategies of the Sunflower Effect shifts the mindset of people, who are hampered by negative programming and psychological blocks, very fast. This is why you need the training to fully absorb these principles, the ethos of the courses and their practical application.
See this video which was recorded at the launch of my book From Wallflower to Sunflower:
Courses versus Therapy
Running courses, as opposed to therapy, makes a huge difference in the mindset of quieter people. Most feel shame that they lack confidence and that they should be “more like other people.”
Therapy implies there is something wrong with them and that they may be in for a long process. A course is much more socially acceptable and suggests they are doing something constructive to improve their lives.
In fact, there is nothing “wrong with them”. It is just that our world is not set up for quieter people. And most have adapted by withdrawing into their shell as a result of a lifetime of being bombarded with negative messages.
See this video:
More about Claire Schrader
I started out in life as a shy introvert and proverbial wallflower. That is until I found a way at age 22, to break out of my shell, through the power of drama. It changed my life, as it has countless quiet, shy and introverted people. I write about my journey in my book, From Wallflower to Sunflower, the quiet person’s guide to natural confidence.
I qualified as a dramatherapist in 1995, after having a previous career as a nurse, actress, playwright and drama school teacher. I have been running Making Moves for the last 22 years offering dramatherapy based personal development courses and workshops in the UK, California, Greece and Portugal. In the last eight years, I diversified into confidence-building courses developing the Sunflower Effect, and at the same time tripled my income and client base.
I now run six courses a week along with a range of other offerings: individual sessions, workshops, a weekend course, and introductory evenings. In effect, I “work” three evenings a week with the occasional weekend, plus individual sessions to fit in with my availability.
Most of my clients are office workers (some are funded by their companies). I have a wide ethnic range of people attending. But they are also people from all walks of life who know they need to do something about their confidence levels. They are teachers, therapists, taxi-drivers, mums, unemployed etc.
I edited Ritual Theatre, The Power of Dramatic Ritual in Personal Development Groups and Clinical Practice published by Jessica Kingsley. See more about the book, including talks from Sue Jennings, Debra Colkett and Thalia Valeta
More recently I contributed the chapter “Breaking Through the Walls of Shyness: Overcoming Shyness, Self-Consciousness and Social Anxiety Through Dramatherapy” to the Routledge International Handbook of Dramatherapy.
Find out more about the course and if it’s for you?
Join me in the next free online Q&A Session where you can hear more about the course and how I will be supporting you to build a successful practice running the Sunflower Effect Course.
The session will be between 60 and 90 minutes. If you’re not able to attend, do sign up for the session and I will send you the recording. If you are unable to join the session, please send me your questions via the contact form below.
ONLINE Q&A SESSION
Dates: Monday, 20th Jan 2020
Times: 7- 8.30pm approx
Venue: Online through Zoom
I won’t be running another Q&A Session for a little while so I suggest that you get in touch with me through the contact form at the bottom of this page, and request the recording of the session.
I will also be offering a one day CPD workshop for BADth in February 2020. Look out for the announcement
I recommend signing up for the Introductory Training Workshop below, which will give you more idea of the way I work, and provide you with tools that you can start using with your existing clients.
Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop
I will be running an Introductory Training in November, a more practical way to find out more about the Foundation Training. This is one of of the pre-requisites for joining the Sunflower Effect Course Leader Training and will mean you can also start building your practice before you even start your training.
In this, you will be learning how to deliver the Introductory Evening, a very powerful way of attracting participants to your work. I offer introductory evenings regularly. Between half to two-thirds of participants go on to join one of courses after attending.
On completion of the training, you are encouraged to set up your own introductory evenings and get practice at running these events. This is also a great way to attract clients to your courses if you choose to go on join the Sunflower Effect Foundation Training in Spring 2020 (dates TBA soon).
Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop
Dates: November 9th-10th
Times: 10-30-5.30pm approx
Venue: Helios Centre, 116 Judd Street, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9NS
Tube: Kings Cross / Russell Square / Euston
Cost:£200 (Special Discount: you will receive a £75 credit towards the Foundation Training if you participate in the November training).
FOUNDATION TRAINING OVERVIEW
The course will consist of:
- 6-weekend training workshops in Central London
- Ten recorded online training sessions (10 two hour sessions probably on a Monday evening)
- Training to run the core components of the Sunflower Effect Confidence Building System.
- Training in Business Basics for when you are ready to promote and run your courses
The course is a foundation for training so that you can start so you can start running courses and building your practice immediately upon completing the training. These include:
- Introductory Evenings (an essential tool for enrolling participants on your courses) This is covered in the pre-training Introductory Training Workshop (see above).
- The Express Yourself one day workshop
- The Breakthrough Confidence Building Course
- Other courses as time allows. Most likely the Finding Your Voice Course
I anticipate running a second Introductory Training Workshop in Spring 2020.
I plan to start the training course in May 2020 to complete in the Autumn.
FEES: £2500 reduced to £1875 for this first training – and you may pay by instalments.
A non-refundable deposit of £500 will secure your place on the course. Followed by 8 monthly payments of £180.
Or you can pay in full and receive a £75 discount.