Launching in May 2020
Train to lead the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses
Were you once quiet, shy, socially anxious or introverted, and your life has been changed by participating in drama?
If so, would you love to be part of a team of confidence specialists transforming the lives of quieter people delivering the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses in different parts of the UK? And at the same time have clients flocking to your door? Dramatherapists, please click here.
Have you had enough of poor pay and working conditions and want to make a good income doing work that you really love?
Have you had a yearning to do more rewarding work but are nervous about whether you have what it takes to build a successful career for yourself?
Or perhaps you’ve have trained in other methodologies but found it just too hard to attract clients to your work?
The Sunflower Effect is a pioneering new confidence-building system based in dramatherapy that is specifically designed to improve the lifestyle and prospects of quiet, shy and socially anxious people.
It is different from most confidence-building and therapy techniques such as assertiveness training, CBT, and talking therapy because it achieves outstanding lasting results very quickly. And more than anything else it is fun which is what makes it so popular with participants
The Sunflower Effect is recognised and validated on a regular basis by participants reporting life-changing results after completing the courses. There is a growing demand for the courses in different parts of the UK, Europe and internationally.
The Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses have been featured on Sky TV, BBC World Services, Sat 7 TV, Marie Claire.
See testimonials for the Sunflower Effect Courses
The Sunflower Effect courses regularly receive 5-star reviews on Hotcourses
The Sunflower Effect Confidence Course Leader Training
In 2020 I will be offering the first 6-month Foundation Training to become a Licensed Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialist.
I am looking to train 12 professionals with appropriate experience (see below for details) to meet the demand for Sunflower Effect Courses in different parts of the UK (including London).
In preparation for this, I am offering free online Q & A sessions where you can hear more about the structure of the course, and how I will be supporting you to build a successful practice running Sunflower Effect Confidence courses.
And the Introductory Training Workshop – your first step in the training process before committing to joining the course. I will be running this next on 4th-5th April 2020.
See below for details.
Reasons for training to become a Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialist
1. Running the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses is highly rewarding. You will be helping quiet, shy and introverted people to change their lives and prospects. They will never forget you.
2. You are your own boss – and you will be overseeing the quality of the courses you run. You are in charge of how and when you offer your courses, and who you want to work with.
3. You will, if you choose, be part of a team of Sunflower Effect confidence specialists working together to deliver magical and transformational courses, supporting each other to deliver an outstanding service, changing lives.
4. Over time you can, if you wish, run the full complement of courses, typically 12 hours per week of contact time plus admin. You are highly motivated to make a good income doing work you really love. You set your fees.
5. If you join my marketing programme, you won’t have to build a website, learn complex technology, know anything about marketing and attracting clients to your work, or about what it takes to run a successful practice. I have done the donkey work and invested thousands in discovering the best way to attract and retain clients – and I will be passing on that knowledge to you.
The Sunflower Effect Confidence Course Leader Training will offer you:
- The deep understanding and skills you need to lead the Sunflower Effect Courses on your own, and/or the capacity to integrate the Sunflower Effect confidence-building system with your own work.
- A step by step guide to run the courses to a high level of competency.
- A very positive atmosphere for the growth and development of your facilitation skills in a supportive, friendly environment.
- The opportunity to make a profound difference to the lives of quieter people.
- The potential to build in time a highly rewarding career running the Sunflower Effect Courses and at the same time make a good income doing work that you really love.
I will be running the course along the same lines as I run the Sunflower Effect courses, creating, encouraging mutual support between trainees, which will continue long after the course has finished.
The course will consist of:
- 6-weekend training workshops in Central London
- Ten online training sessions (10 two hour sessions probably on a Monday evening – if you are unable to)
- Training to run the core components of the Sunflower Effect Confidence Building System.
- Training in Business Basics for when you are ready to promote and run your courses
The course and the Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop is a foundation within your training process so that you can start running courses and building experience immediately upon completing the training.
- Introductory Evenings (an essential tool for enrolling participants on your courses) This is covered in the pre-training Introductory
- The Express Yourself one day workshop, and
- The Breakthrough Confidence Building Course
This training course is supported by Prof. Sue Emmy Jennings PhD, anthropologist, Dramatherapy, Playtherapy and Neuro Dramatic Play pioneer (UK and Europe), performer, and author of 30 books on dramatherapy; Mary Smail, former Director of the Sesame Institute, Trainer with Revision;
After you have trained, and have met the requirements for delivering the courses which will include delivering practice courses, you will become a Licensed Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialist for the courses you have trained to lead. Certification will be available at a later stage.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Join the team of Sunflower Effect Confidence Specialists who will become like a family to you, helping you to grow as a leader of the courses.
- Offer the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses in parallel with your own.
- Offer the course within your organisation or another line of work.
- The option to join the Sunflower Effect Marketing Programme giving you the know-how, tools and business support to build, in time, a highly successful practice. This will include the opportunity to market your courses on the Making Moves website.
- The opportunity to train further and offer the full range of Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses.
- Be part of the larger vision for the Sunflower Effect Confidence System.
PLEASE NOTE: The course is not a training or qualification in dramatherapy.
Applications are welcome from existing dramatherapists who wish to build a thriving practice offering the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses. If you are a dramatherapist, please click here.
For non-dramatherapists, you will be learning the main principles of dramatherapy along with the wide range of personal development tools that makes the Sunflower Effect so unique at building confidence.
What participants of Claire’s Practitioner Training Course 2007 & 2009 have said:
“I think I was very lucky. It has really, really helped me. It’s a very different style of learning from a standard, structured training courses. It was very fluid- I could catch the spirit of it, notice it, grasp it. It was very spiritual, unorthodox and the same time very therapeutic and colourful. I found the marketing side of it very good – thinking about how I’m going to sell this, how I’m going to offer something new and to get a sense of what my speciality is. It has given me the confidence to apply it and has equipped me to share it with others and to start running workshops when I’m in Portugal once I’ve settled. And to continue offering it at yoga conferences and I think yoga students are very good candidates for this.”
Satya Kaur, Karam Kriya Yoga School (2007 Practitioner Training)
“I got a lot out of the course. I found the conference calls particularly useful, they kept the momentum going between the four weekends, and helped to keep it fresh. Very often there were things coming up in the weekends, and the conference calls allowed us to go a whole lot deeper. I found that the content of the conference calls helped to put it in a bigger context which gave a grounding to the practical work. The biggest thing for me was the invitation for us to take a lead and I found that partly scary but also an invaluable experience. There’s nothing like doing! We could find what our style might be and what the pitfalls might be It offered a good forum to “give it a go” and learn and enabled me to feel more confident. For me, it’s a transferable skill. The skills and knowledge are just as useful in other contexts where I might want to hold a group, such as in a work context and taught me to get away from over planning, and to work with an overall goal or desire. Exploring that side was very important and a big area for me.”
Tanya Adams, Shamanic practitioner and former town planner
More about Claire Schrader
I started out in life as a shy introvert and proverbial wallflower. That is until I found a way at age 22, to break out of my shell, through the power of drama. It changed my life, and I have never looked back.
I write about my journey in my book, From Wallflower to Sunflower, the quiet person’s guide to natural confidence.
I qualified as a dramatherapist in 1995, after having a previous career as performer, playwright and drama school teacher. I have been running Making Moves for the last 22 years offering drama therapy based personal development courses and workshops in the UK, California, Greece and Portugal.
In the last 8 years, I diversified into confidence-building and developed the Sunflower Effect. At the same time, I tripled my income and client base.
It is time now for me to train others to deliver the Sunflower Effect courses and hand on my knowledge, expertise and success to those who feel inspired to transform the lives of quieter people.
There is a growing need for these courses in the population at large, as confidence is a core skill that is needed more and more in unstable times. The impact of Brexit is more likely to increase the need for these courses along with growing media interest in the effectiveness of the Sunflower Effect.
I also edited Ritual Theatre, The Power of Dramatic Ritual in Personal Development Groups and Clinical Practice published by Jessica Kingsley.
More recently I contributed the chapter “Breaking Through the Walls of Shyness: Overcoming Shyness, Self-Consciousness and Social Anxiety Through Dramatherapy” to the Routledge International Handbook of Dramatherapy.
Who should apply?
- You have some understanding of what it is like to be shy, self-conscious and lacking in confidence.
- You are highly motivated to help people with confidence issues. You are good at supporting others, caring, grounded and enthusiastic enthusiasm, compassion and groundedness. This will enable you to hold the space for people who have been struggling with confidence and don’t believe they are ever going to change.
- You operate better within a team than working on your own. You want to be part of a bigger vision that is going to make a real difference in the lives of quieter people.
- You are a drama professional (performer, teacher) who is looking for a new direction. Dramatherapists, please click here.
- You are a therapist, coach, counsellor or in the helping professions and realise there is more to confidence than talking. You would like to offer the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses to your clients.
- Or you may be someone who has participated in one of my courses and have been able to say goodbye to shyness, social anxiety and any other issue that has undermined your confidence. You feel inspired to train to support others to do the same.
- You may also be someone who would like to offer the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses within your organisation.
A pre-requisite for joining the course is to attend the Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop where you will be learning how to deliver an Introductory Session. Essential for when you are promoting your courses.
Foundation Course Leader Training
Weekend Training Dates:
Weekend 1 29th-31st May, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm
Weekend 2 19th-21st June, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm
Weekend 3 17th-19th July, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm
Weekend 4 18th-20th Sept, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm *
Weekend 5 30th Oct – 1st Nov, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm
Weekend 6 27th-29th Nov, Friday evening: 7-9.30pm, Weekend 10.30-5.30pm
Venues: Helios Centre, 116 Judd Street, London, Kings Cross
* Grove Neighbourhood Centre, London, Ravenscourt Park
Online Training Session:
Ten monthly sessions on a Monday evening 7.30-9.30 which will extend till March 2021. Designed to support you in offering the courses or setting up your practice groups.
Cost: £2500 Launch Price: £1875 which can be paid in instalments £500 deposit and 8 instalments of £180. Or you can pay in full and receive a £75 discount.
Please be aware that there may be other costs i.e. supervision, shadowing (observing courses), the Sunflower Effect Marketing Programme (optional), and extra coaching as needed.
Find out more about the course and if it’s for you?
Join me in the next free online Q&A Session where you can hear more about the course and all the ways in which I will be supporting you to build a successful practice running the Sunflower Effect Course.
The session will be between 60 and 90 minutes. If you’re not able to attend, do sign up for the session and I will send you the recording. If you are unable to join the session, please send me your questions.
ONLINE Q&A SESSION
Dates: Monday, 20th January
Times: 7- 8.30pm approx
Venue: Online through Zoom
Please get in touch with me through the contact form at the bottom of this page, to request the recording of the last Q&A session.
You are highly recommended to sign up for the Introductory Training Workshop below, which is pre-requisite for joining the Foundation Training.
Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop
On April 4th-5th, I will be offering an Introductory Training Workshop, which is one of of the pre-requisites for joining the Sunflower Effect Course Leader Training.
In this, you will be learning the basic framework for all Sunflower Effect Courses how to deliver an Introductory Evening, a very powerful way of attracting participants to your work.
This workshop is the start of your training process.
Introductory Sunflower Effect Training Workshop
Dates: 4th-5th April
Times: 10-30-5.30pm approx
Venue: Helios Centre, 116 Judd Street, Kings Cross, London WC1H 9NS
Tube: Kings Cross / Russell Square / Euston