The Sunflower Effect Courses have a very high success rate for people who complete the courses (even those with severe inhibitions), and are very different from most other educational courses/classes. So that you and everyone else on your course will experience maximum benefit we ask for slightly higher commitment levels.
Our services are designed so that your course/workshop/session will be effective both for you and the other people participating.
Please excuse the formal and legal nature of these terms. We need to provide this information in this way to comply with English law and to ensure that we can continue to offer a quality service to our participants. This formality does not reflect the nature of the Sunflower Effect Courses – which are friendly and informal and designed to put you at your ease so you can overcome the confidence issues you are facing. We are aiming to make this information as understandable as possible in spite of some of the legal terms
2. Acceptance of our terms and conditions
(1) By purchasing services and/or products on this site, you are accepting the terms and conditions set out below. Please read these terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before booking any of the Sunflower Effect services.
(2) The following terms and conditions apply to all persons, companies and or other entities (i.e.“you”) that are attending any of the “events” organised by “us”. The term “event” includes all our services i.e. courses, workshops, introductory events, individual sessions, and other events offered by “us”. The term “us” includes Claire Schrader, the developer of the Sunflower Effect and any member of her team (Licensed Sunflower Effect Course Leaders).
(3) If you or they are not willing to be bound by these terms and conditions please do not purchase services or products from this site.
3. Securing your booking
(1) In order to secure your booking you can book directly online. We have a limited number of places on each course, so to avoid disappointment it is advisable to book as soon as you can. This is because for the more popular courses, places can disappear and you may have to wait for the next time we run the course.
(2) The fee for attending the “event” will be as stated on the relevant webpage and in any correspondence between us. We offer discounts if you are paying for yourself or if a friend or relative is paying for you, and early bird discounts for full payments made 3 weeks before the course starts. We have a special rate if your employer is a charity.and that you are aware of our cancellation and refund policy (see Section 8). We reserve the right to run price promotions as we think fit.
(3) If you are paying for yourself, you may also pay a non-refundable deposit, or by instalments. The deposit is in all cases non-refundable.
(4) If your employer is paying for you, you/ they will be required to pay in full. They will also be offered an early bird discount. If your employer would prefer to be invoiced, please notify us and include any details we need to know for the invoice, by emailing michelle at sunflowereffect dot com.
(5)With the exception of instalments, all payments must be made in full prior to the start of the course.
(6) Payment will be made via our payment gateway and you consent to us passing your necessary details to the provider and to them processing necessary information about you.
4. Age restriction
(1) Please be aware that our courses are designed for people over 18. Currently, we are not offering courses for teenagers or children – but this is something we hope to offer in the future.
(2) You are not permitted to purchase any services or products from our site if you are below the age of 18 years old because under this age, you do not have legal capacity to enter into a contract.
(3) Please get in touch with us if you are under 18 and check that the course is suitable for you. We will need your parent or guardian to give permission for you to attend the course.
(4) As an alternative, you can attend an individual session. Your parent or guardian must book and make payment for you.
5. Payment by instalments
(1) If you are paying for yourself it is possible to pay for our courses by instalments with a credit card, debit card or post-dated cheques. This is so that paying for a course is affordable for you. Please see booking details for the individual course you want to join. Please note – only in exceptional circumstances do we allow you to pay instalments by electronic transfer. This is because a number of participants have failed to pay their instalments as agreed and this has required extra admin chasing them up.
(2) Please be aware that you commit to paying for all the sessions (even if you decide or have to leave the course and even if you are paying in instalments.) Please honour the arrangement you have made so we can continue to offer this option to others who, like you, would not be able to afford the course otherwise.
(3) If you encounter financial difficulties please be in touch with us so we can find a way for you to continue with the course. This may be through a long-term instalment arrangement or through work-exchange.
(4) If an instalment payment fails, we will inform you and give you an opportunity to make the payment again.
(1) Please note that commitment to the course, workshop or session is important in order for it to be effective both for you and other people in the course/workshop. This will involve you “sticking with it” even when you don’t feel like it, feel tired or are feeling a bit “wobbly”!
(2) Attend the course even when you are feeling vulnerable and uncertain. These are not the kind of events where you need to be “firing on all cylinders”. The Sunflower Effect Courses are about making powerful change, so this is going to bring out your defence mechanisms and resistance. This is what has stopped you from achieving your goals in the past. We will be supporting you through your “wobbly patch” so you can break through your resistance – and start moving through the blockages that have hampered you in the past.
(3) We have seen fantastic results with people who are committed and are willing to give the course everything they’ve got. For many people learning how to be committed is the first step to making a real difference to their confidence levels.
(4) If the course/workshop doesn’t work then we offer a 100% money-back guarantee (see paragraph 7 for conditions).
(5) You can miss sessions without affecting the benefit you receive from attending any of our 12 week courses. However, make sure that you are missing a session for an unavoidable reason. Are you missing a session because deep down you are not wanting to or are afraid to attend?
(6) Be aware all missed sessions must be paid for. If you miss too many sessions, particularly key early sessions in a course, we may suggest that you repeat the course. You will be offered a discount to repeat the course.
7. No Moves Money-Back Guarantee
(1) We offer the No Moves Money-Back Guarantee to new participants because we know how effective the Sunflower Effect is. We want you to get value. We have very rarely needed to offer this refund because the majority of our participants are highly delighted with the results they have achieved.
(2) In order to qualify for the Money Back Guarantee, however you must meet these conditions. In the case of 12-week courses, you must attend 10 out of the 12 sessions of any course. If you are participating in a workshop or weekend course – you need to attend the full workshop or weekend – and not be more than 15 minutes late at the start of each day and from a lunch-break. You must also participate in full in the course or workshop (see below).
(3) If you meet these conditions you have gained nothing from the experience then we will refund in full the payment we received from you. Please be aware that the card services do not refund their fees, so if you have paid online there will be a small deduction, depending on what fees we have paid. We will include this information when we make the refund.
(4) What do you mean “participate in full”? This means that you’re putting your best foot forward, that you are visibly “doing your best” and engaging in the process. That doesn’t mean that you won’t have resistance, won’t be scared or won’t have challenges to overcome. We are there to support you in overcoming these issues.
(5) We won’t offer a refund, if you are half-hearted about participating. We do not refund money to people who do not demonstrate their commitment to the process. But we will be supporting you to break the habit of being half-hearted, so you can start creating more positive results.
(6) We also ask you to wait 6 weeks after a course or workshop has finished before you apply for your refund because it can take a little while for the shifts to take place. Please be aware that everyone is different and has different ways of growing and shifting and we cannot guarantee you will achieve the results you are seeking straight away. This is particularly if you’ve had a lot of painful experiences that have undermined your confidence or have been deeply in your shell for a very long time. For many people, it can take a little while to process the changes as a result of their participation in the course.
(8) We also ask you to apply for the 100% Money Back Guarantee within 90 days of completing your course.
(9) Be aware that as a human you are a complex being, and if you have received psychological damage, it can take time to heal and recover. The Sunflower Effect has helped many people recover from these traumas, and in fact, has proved more effective than many other methods. Growth is incremental and we advise participating in other complementary courses and coaching to maintain your progress and to see even deeper results.
(10) If you haven’t achieved all the results you were seeking, we recommend participating in a follow-up course, or attending an individual session. There is a natural tendency to return to your old behaviours and beliefs after your course or workshop has finished. By participating in follow-up sessions, you will gradually be able to move through these internal blockages. Slow and steady progress is recommended.
(11) Training Courses Please note that the Money Back Guarantee does not apply to our Professional Training Courses. See our Terms and Conditions for Professional Training Courses.
(2) In the unlikely event that we have to cancel your course, a full refund will be made less any fees that the card service charges. We do not cover any travel costs incurred.
(3) In case of future lockdowns due to COVID 19 or any similar public health emergency, when we are unable to run the courses safely at the venue, we will move the course online. If you are unable to attend the online sessions you can make up the sessions you missed when we run the course again.
(4) In the event of cancellation by you after paying in full, a refund of the balance (less the non-refundable deposit and less any fees charged by the card services) will be made provided that notice of 14 days is given before the course begins. If we are able to fill your place, we may be able to transfer the full fee you have paid to a future course. This is at our discretion.
(5) If you cancel a debit/credit card or electronic payment without contacting and consulting with us first, you will not be able to participate in any future courses until full restitution is made. You have accepted these terms and conditions when you sign up for the course and so you are legally bound to make payment. So, in cancelling your payment you are in effect breaking the law. If you have hit a significant challenge please contact us so we can discuss your situation. We bend over backwards to support you. So please get in touch, and honour these terms and conditions. We would prefer not to pursue you legally for non-payment.
(6) If, after the first session, you feel that the course is not suitable for you or may even impede your progress (this is very rarely the case), then get in touch with us. We may suggest doing some individual sessions or participating in some other kinds of work, before rejoining the course at a future date. We may approach you if we feel that the course is not suitable for you or that you may need some extra help. See paragraph 12.3.
9. Our liability
(1) Our sole liability in relation to any cancellation, postponement or change of venue shall be limited to the price paid by you for the event and we shall not be liable under any circumstances for any consequential losses.
(2) The online sessions of any event we offer are held on third-party secure servers and we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the online content will be available at all times during the course of the Sunflower Effect Courses but in the event that such content (or any content added by you or other participants in the Programme) is not available in whole or in part at any time, or becomes corrupted, is deleted or is failed to be stored, we shall have no liability in any circumstances.
10. Your obligations
(1) The Sunflower Effect invites you to look at your life, behaviour and beliefs and explore different ways of behaving and operating in the world. It is based on solid principles and evidence that has worked for thousands of people. We are simply asking you to open your mind to other possibilities whilst you are participating.
(2) We ask that whilst you are participating in our courses, that you develop the practice of taking full responsibility for yourself, your own learning and for getting any additional support you may need. We have noticed over the years that when you participate in the Sunflower Effect Courses and take responsibility for yourself, (this is different from blaming yourself and feeling guilty for the mistakes you have made), you will naturally begin to build confidence. As a result, changes will inevitably occur in other areas of your life, such as work, health and relationships.
(3) Please inform us in advance about any medical, mental or emotional conditions either past or present about you which may affect your health or suitability to do the course. Part of the basis of our commitment to you is that you let us know information regarding yourself. This will be confidential. We recommend that if you are currently in therapy, you discuss doing this course with your therapist.
(4) If you are not willing to open your mind to what we are teaching, are verbally antagonistic and your conduct is having a negative impact on other participants, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the course or workshop and we shall not be liable to refund your payment. This has never yet happened in over 25 years of running the courses, as our events attract positive, motivated and highly supportive people.
(4) Please keep your personal belongings with you at all times as we accept no liability for any damage to, loss of or theft of any of your belongings or other items brought to the event by you.
12. Our obligations
(1) In your participation in the Sunflower Effect Courses, we offer you our heartfelt support to assist you in overcoming your issues. If you hit against any problems as a result, please communicate with your course leader so we can support you better.
(2) If for any reason, we assess the course is not right for you and another course would be better, it may be possible to transfer you to another course (if we have places available or to book you into a future course). Alternatively, we may suggest some individual sessions, either in addition to your course or in place of it.
(3) If we observe that the course that you are booked onto is having a detrimental effect on you, we may suggest that you transfer to another of my courses (where possible), attend an individual session, or that you stop attending the course. If we are not able to offer the help you need, we will refund your course fees for the remaining sessions, less any fees that the card service charges us. If you have attended 4 sessions, and then you miss 2 sessions before contacting us or responding to our emails/calls – we will refund 6 sessions of a 12-week course.
(4) We warrant you that the Sunflower Effect Course and any products purchased from us are of a satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for the purpose for which the Sunflower Effect Courses are supplied.
(5) We will endeavour to ensure that all information that we provide is accurate and up-to-date but we shall not be liable for any claims arising from such information being inaccurate or not up-to-date or otherwise. But please do inform us of any inaccuracies you find.
(6) We are responsible only for providing the Sunflower Effect Courses. Due to the nature of the Sunflower Effect Course and the fact that your success is dependent on a number of factors over which we have no control (your psychological history and external events that are negatively affecting your progress), we do not guarantee any particular result. However, see paragraph 7 The Money Back Guarantee which ensures the efficacy and effectiveness of the courses for the majority of our participants.
(7) Optional support services will be available in the form of follow-on courses/ individual sessions to assist you in overcoming these issues. These services will carry a separate fee. You are recommended to take advantage of this support. We achieve much faster results than most other types of therapeutic support. The fact that you have done one course with us is going to accelerate your progress
(1) We acknowledge that in the course of delivering the Sunflower Effect Courses we will have access to your confidential information and we agree not to (except in the proper course of our duties) use or disclose to any third party such confidential information. Please see our Data Protection and Privacy Notice
(2) You will be acknowledging that you are aware of our privacy notice when you sign up for the course. Your privacy and confidentiality is a very important aspect of the Sunflower Effect courses and has been so since 1997.
14. Low numbers on courses
(1) Due to the pandemic and similar situations, we may elect to run a course with low numbers rather than cancel a course for the benefit of the participants who have booked onto the course. If we choose to run the course and so long as the course material is covered, we reserve the right to reduce the number of sessions of the course. This will impact your learning experience.
(2) We have a policy of keeping our courses affordable for our self-paying participants. So reducing sessions will recompense us for loss of income without affecting the benefits you receive from the course.
(3) We will inform you that we will be reducing the number of sessions offered verbally in sessions and in writing.
15. Travel, accommodation and refreshments
(1) You shall be responsible for making and paying for your own travel and accommodation arrangements to and from the event.
(2) If you are late at the event or prevented from attending the event due to travel delays or any other circumstances, we shall not be obliged to provide you with a refund or to wait to start the event until you arrive.
(3) Most of our courses do not offer refreshments because of their short duration . But tap water will be available for your use and we recommend you bring bottled drinks with you. For weekend events, basic refreshments are available at the venue and you may not be able to consume these in the workshop room.
16. If there is a problem with the services
In the unlikely event that there is any defect with the Sunflower Effect Courses.
(1) Please contact Claire Schrader or the Course Leader(s) who delivered your course and tell us as soon as reasonably possible;
(2) Please give us a reasonable opportunity to repair or fix any defect; and
(3) We will use every effort to repair or fix the defect.
(4) As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to services not carried out by Claire Schrader and her Course Leaders with reasonable skill and care. After following the steps above, giving us a reasonable opportunity to fix the defect, you must inform us at any time from the date of commencement of the Sunflower Effect Confidence Course and clearly stating how the Sunflower Effect Confidence Course was not carried out with reasonable skill and care. If we agree (acting reasonably) that the course was not carried out by us with reasonable skill and care (rather than as a result of your action or inaction or your personal shortcomings), we may provide you with a refund of the amount paid by you (minus any non-refunded fees if payment was made by credit or debit card) or may make a partial refund. This is at our discretion.
(5) We will consider in good faith complaints made to us in writing (as described above). In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve any issues and it becomes necessary to refer the problem to a single mediator or into arbitration, we will share the costs of this between us.
17. Intellectual Property
(1) Claire Schrader is the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights and all other rights in the Sunflower Effect Courses and all content within the Sunflower Effect Courses and nothing in these Terms or otherwise shall operate to transfer the ownership of the Intellectual Property Rights in the programme or the content of the programme to you or to any other person.
(2) The content and materials in the Sunflower Effect Courses are for your sole use only. You may not at any time copy, reproduce, publish in any form, share, sell, dispose of or otherwise make available to a third party in any way any of the content or materials contained in the programme.
(3) Claire Schrader and the Sunflower Effect courses, workshops, events, exercises and processes are protected under copyright. They look easier than they actually are. Do not attempt to try out the exercises, processes on others without proper training. Claire Schrader and Making Moves are not responsible for any adverse effects resulting as a consequence of your actions. You may apply to join the Sunflower Effect Course Leader Training so you can offer the processes to colleagues, friends and family.
(4) Claire Schrader grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable revocable licence to use all or any of the content of the Sunflower Effect Courses for the purposes for which the Sunflower Effect Courses was provided only. You may not “reclothe” the Sunflower Effect Confidence Courses and set up a rival service in competition with other Sunflower Effect Confidence Course Leaders/Specialists.
(5) Except as set out in paragraph 5.3 of the Sunflower Effect Professional Training Terms and Conditions, you may not use any of Claire Schrader’s intellectual property rights at any time except where duly licensed. Use of our logo is strictly prohibited without Claire Schrader’s prior written consent.
(6) You may not without Claire’s Schrader’s prior written consent make any audio or visual recordings of any part of our services.
(7) We may from time to time record the Sunflower Effect Courses being delivered during your attendance for the benefit of training future Course Leaders and on zoom course for participants who are absent. You will usually be asked for your consent if you are present. You authorise us to use your image and voice in any such recordings without payment, other condition or need for further consent.
(8) You acknowledge that certain information contained in the Sunflower Effect Courses and written materials is already in the public domain.
(9) You are not permitted to sell or promote products or services to other participants in the Sunflower Effect Courses at or during any part of the Sunflower Effect Courses without Claire Schrader’s or her Course Leader’s prior written permission.
18. Our Website
(1) All website design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software and all other material on this Web site are copyright Claire Schrader. This is with the exception of graphics which have been purchased or are available through a Creative Commons License or through services such as Pixabay.
(2) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this website for the sole purpose of placing an order or making a booking with Making Moves or using this website as a learning resource. Any other use of materials on this website – including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication – without the prior written permission of Making Moves or Claire Schrader is strictly prohibited.
(3) The provisions of this paragraph 12 shall survive termination of the Contract.
19. Changes to terms
(1) We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify, add, or remove any or all of these terms and conditions at any time and each such change shall be effective immediately upon posting.
(2) Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes.
(3) Your continued use of this site and purchase of services or products on this site following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will mean you accept those changes. Please check the terms before every purchase.
(4) If the revised terms apply to any existing provision of services, we will notify you of the changes.
(5) These terms and conditions shall continue until the end of the Sunflower Effect Confidence Course you have enrolled for, when this contract shall expire other than for the Terms that are specifically stated to remain in force.